NJ-MEMORIES-L Archives

Archiver > NJ-MEMORIES > 2009-11 > 1258670009

From: "JAMES THORNE" <>
Subject: [NJ-MEMORIES] Just checking in
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:33:29 -0400

Hi all,

I've had a difficult time since last writing. First went into the hospital unable
to speak with a "small" stroke from the " a fib", then they found an infected toe
which required seven weeks of hospital stay with Intravenous antibiotics.
Because of "peripheral neuropathy" I am having difficulty walking. This has been
growing worse for ten years or more but I hope physical therapy helps it.

Otherwise al is well here. Good to hear from Carl, Jackie, Diesel and Ann.

Although the leaves have just left the trees, winter is not here yet, and for Prince
Edward Island the temperatures are still comfortable. Our son Matt who served
in the Us Marine Corps and is presently employed by the US State Department
as an Arabic Cultural Consultant, wants us to visit him at Christmas and remain
in his Reston, VA apartment until he returns from his next assignment overseas
which will start in January. With our physical conditions and the high cost of
medical coverage in the US I think we will have to remain here.

Best wishes to all of you,

Jim
from Prince Edward Island

This thread: