NIPPERIS-L Archives

Archiver > NIPPERIS > 2001-04 > 0987341330

From: "Paul Gaskell" <>
Subject: Re: Nipperis and Napier
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:34:17 +0100

Charlie

Thanks for your message. I'm the listowner, and I thought that I'd better
respond as I believe yours is the first message to the list. The list is
only a week old, and I think that we might be the only ones subscribed -
unless there are any lurkers out there !

Because it is an unusual surname, NIPPERIS turns up in lots and lots of
variations. But I haven't yet found a link to NAPIER. My NIPPERIS
connections are in Oxford, although searches on the IGI and 1881 census seem
to suggest that the name is most common in Wiltshire, Middlesex and Surrey.
My Oxford NIPPERIS ancestors migrated from Swindon in the 1800s, and hence
are from the Wiltshire group.

Messing about on-line, I've discovered that NIPPERIS is also common in
Australia. A "Google" or "Dogpile" search will unearth loads of hits in that
country.

Sorry I can't help further, but I will keep your comments in mind. You might
wish to lurk on this list for some time, as I don't anticipate it generating
any volume of messages. And thanks for being the first poster !

Paul