NICHOLSON-L Archives

Archiver > NICHOLSON > 2001-05 > 0989955121

From: "Norman Parkes" <>
Subject: [NICHOLSON-L] Mary bca1816, Co Antrim
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:32:01 +0100

To: Nicholson list at Rootsweb and other interested parties

Greetings from Ireland

I have recently joined and can share what little I know of Mary (Nicholson)
Chestnut who was probably my great-great-grandmother. We have very few
surviving records in Ireland and events before about 1830 are difficult to
establish.

Armoy Presbyterian Church, County Antrim: 16 July 1839. Marriage of William
Chestnut of Mosside with Mary Nicholson of Aghrunniaght. Present were Mary
McCloskey and S.Kane.

25 May 1883. Death of Mary Chestnut at Mosside. 67 years of age. Registered
by Sarah Chestnut, daughter. [Note: ages are to be treated with caution]

1803 Agricultural Census: Armoy Parish, Auchrunaugh Townland. Angus
Nickesn?. [Note: no family detail in the 1803 census].

Interested to hear of any links.
Norman

This thread: