NHGEN-L Archives

Archiver > NHGEN > 1999-03 > 0921649249

From: Sir James <>
Subject: Re: [NHGEN-L] CLARKs in NH
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:40:49 -0800

Queries and anything that is related to New Hampshire History and
Genealogy are proper topics for this list. Connections to the other
New England states also is fine. I would not want to see a query
for someone that is looking for a connection in California or
similiar non New Hampshire / New England location.

I take a very relaxed view with what is posted to the list. I
may be the coordinator but this is the New Hampshire Researchers
list and its members determine what is or is not acceptable. Other
lists are micro managed and if you are off subject you receive
a firm and quick rebuff..

This is a closed list which protects the members from receiving
a lot of spam posts from people promoting bussiness, x rated sites,
and other inapropriate material. I see it all because you must be
a member of the list to post and if not the messages are bounced
to me. You will notice that I forward messages every once in
awhile where the messages are appropriate for the list.

James

At 03:35 PM 03/16/99 EST, you wrote:
>Ron,
>
>Since I'm new to this list and a little shaken by the mix-up Rootsweb
>caused, I ask that if this is somehow not correct to post here, Sir James
>or one of you post me privately.
>
>It's just that when I look at your Clark names, several; have connections
>with Essex County, MA for that time period and earlier. ...WARD, CHOATE,
>SINCLEAR/SINCLAIR, and HOYT. If this is new information for you, you
>might want to investigate the research available on ESSEX-L, also. WARD
>and CLARK(E) are mine, also, but with MA ties.
>
>Thank you for your understanding, everyone, if I've somehow mis-stepped
>with this.
>

>Nan, IBSSG (NY)
>Staff-TLC
>Proud Sponsor of Rootsweb
>

>On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:33:14 -0600 Ron Clark <>
>writes:
>>Hi Susan,
>>
>>I also have Clark's in NH and a TIMOTHY. Do any of these people look
>>familar?

>or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

SJ

This thread: