NFLD-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > NFLD-ROOTS > 2008-12 > 1228559514

From: "Betty" <>
Subject: Re: [NL-ROOTS] Ships and Seafarers of Atlantic Canada
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 05:31:54 -0500

Hi Diana,

Is that true for all the Maritime Provinces?

My ancestor's older brother, John KIDDER, b~1830 Maine, lived in both Maine
and New Brunswick. The "KIDDER book" said that he "loved the sea" and
"drowned at sea" in 1887.

I have never been able to find any information at all about his "death at
sea." Don't know when, why, or where.

Betty (near Lowell, MA, USA)

FYI: His oldest son had recently migrated to the Hawaiian Islands,
married there, and had his first child. So, John might have been on his
way to the South Pacific or on his way back - when he drowned. Also,
when someone is "washed overboard" that seems to be the same as "drowned."