NF-TRINITYBAY-L Archives

Archiver > NF-TRINITYBAY > 2008-04 > 1209023130

From: ,
Subject: [NF-TRINITYBAY] GREEN families of T.B. and Point Verde,P.B. ?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:45:30 -0000

Author: WARDGREENE
Surnames: Green, Greene
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.canada.newfoundland.trinitybay/1189/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Trinity Bay and Placentia Bay are separated at one point by only three miles of land,and in French times,the French built a road acoss that point and used to drag their boats from one bay to the other.
Since Greens were in Placentia in olden days and also in TB, I am wondering if any Greens of TB know of any connection of their ancestors to any Greens in Placentia or Placentia Bay area.
My GGG-GF,John Green,of Placentia and Point Verde in the 1770s, was a Quaker who married an RC Irish girl,and is buried in the Anglican cemetery in Placentia,along with his father Michael Green and brother Robert Green.
Does anyone see a possible connection?

Important Note: