NEW-ZEALAND-FENCIBLES-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND-FENCIBLES > 2008-11 > 1226267831

From: sandra bedford <>
Subject: [NEW-ZEALAND-FENCIBLES] Update on discharge papers
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:57:11 +0000

Hi everyone.This is to update you on how I'm getting on about the discharge papers for Roger Jones and John Christie. Everyone was very helpful with their advice. I have ordered the appropriate films from the LDS centre. I was told it could take 2 weeks or up to a year. Obviously the 2 weeks have long gone, so I'm hoping it won't be many more months.I email the Auckland Museum, asking if they held information, but did not get a reply. I was given the Fencible book for my birthday and have generously been given information other listers have gathered.Of course I can still purchase photocopies from UK National Archives. It looks as if they are gradually putting them on line which may make them cheaper.I'm not sure if the information that Ancestry has for the month of November, free access to WW1 soldier papers has been posted. I think they have on line up to "N". The UK and Canadian soldiers are also viewable, but not USA. Worth a look if you have WW1 soldiers.CheersSandra

Free Windows Live software. Chat, search, share pics and more
http://get.live.com/

This thread: