NEW-ZEALAND-FENCIBLES-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND-FENCIBLES > 2008-10 > 1223531175

From: <>
Subject: Re: [NEW-ZEALAND-FENCIBLES] Thanks for all the advice
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:46:15 +1000

Hello Dave,

Yes, that is the same Elizabeth Campbell. The first wife of Patrick Murtagh died about a year after arriving in NZ. He then married Elizabeth Campbell who was a lot younger than he a year or so later. It is thought, though not really substantiated, that it was an "arranged" marriage. Rumour has it that she looked after his 2 children to his first wife on board the "Anne" coming out toNZ. I think that all those Fencibles who came out to NZ formed close relationships.

I haven't been doing much genealogy for a few years and will have to refresh my memory, but I will send over any information I have.

Stepanie Neiderberger who I wrote to, does have a lot of information on him and you may be able to get something from her, if you already haven't done so. We used to correspond a few years ago.

Let me know what information you have and I will send over any gaps.

Great to have made contact with another "relative".

Vera.