NEW-ENGLAND-IRISH-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ENGLAND-IRISH > 2011-09 > 1315248764

From: Sue Richart <>
Subject: Re: [N-E-IRISH] Free genealogy sites
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 11:52:44 -0700

Nancy,
I contacted the Falconer researcher several years ago. Based on the
information she had, there was not connection. A number of years ago,
I also asked the Pictou historical folks to check for my Jane Elliot's
baptismal record. One of their volunteers went through their records
and there wasn't a match.

An update on my search. A friend with Ancestry found an Elizabeth
Falconer death records for Montreal. I asked on the Montreal list,
and one of the list members looked up the record. The record gives
her maiden name, McDonald, and her address. The address matches one
of the places the Elliot's lived in Montreal, so that is my
great-great-great grandmother. Not the most informative record, but I
now have her maiden name and that will be a real help.

The friend also found an Elizabeth Falconer arriving in New York by
ship in 1858 and then continuing on to Canada. I'll take a look at
that next time I'm at the library, but that isn't an uncommon name, so
won't get too excited about it.

Sue

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 6:35 AM, wrote:

> I was asking as I have some books on Pictou Co, Nova Scotia and there is a
> lady from TN who is also searching Falconer and I thought maybe I could
> either help or put you in touch with someone who is searching that name.

This thread: