NEPLATTE-L Archives

Archiver > NEPLATTE > 2009-11 > 1258081622

From: MONICA ZENDEJAS <>
Subject: Re: [NEPLATTE] Burials at Lasek and Borowiak sites
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:07:02 -0600

I can tell you that the reason the LDS put so much importance on family history is because they believe that families are eternal. The marriages performed in an LDS temple are for "time and all eternity", NOT "til death do you part" or "for as long as you both shall live". As the temple work is done in behalf of the deceased family members, those deceased family members still have their choice to accept or reject it. Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints do not go baptizing dead people "willy nilly". They do temple work for their ancestors for a purpose... because they want to be families forever. And yes, the LDS are Christians! The name of the church reflects that fact. You can find more answers to questions about the LDS church at mormon.org