NEPLATTE-L Archives

Archiver > NEPLATTE > 2009-11 > 1257899126

Subject: Re: [NEPLATTE] Burials at Lasek and Borowiak sites
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:25:26 -0600

To the list
I did transcribe pages 50 through 161 of the St. Stan's baptismal
records but they were not sent to the NEPLATTE email list but only to a
few interested genealogists who I knew had definite ties to the families
listed in the records.
I have just a few photocopies of the St. Stan's death records
including the one that has been shown on the site (pgs 202 & 203) from
Feb 1885 to Aug 1886.
My dilemma has been and still is whether posting these on a site
could be considered an invasion of privacy since these are church records
rather than public records. Opinions?
Diane Lliteras

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:23:13 -0600 MONICA ZENDEJAS <>
writes:

> Sherri,
> I received a lot of the scanned pages of the St. Stan's records from
> Jim Slovinski. Diane Lliteras was the original transcriber of the
> St Stan's records that were posted years ago on the NEPLATTE email
> list. I didn't want to offer any of the photocopies of the St
> Stan's that I received from Jim until I got the okay from him. I
> emailed Jim and he was happy to have you use his digitals he took of
> the records to have someone transcribe them and/or post them on the
> Platte county site for access to anyone interested. So, don't give
> me the credit. I can send the digitals to you, but probably on a
> cd, as there are quite a few. Let me know what you decide.Monica

> > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:00:18 -0600
> > Subject: [NEPLATTE] Burials at Lasek and Borowiak sites
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm not sure who I need permission from (Ron, Monica, Diane??),
> but may I
> > post the information on the Platte County website? Please let me
> know who to
> > give credit to. Also, would the person who said she had the first
> two pages
> > email those to me as well so I can post it all together. Again,
> please let
> > me know who to give credit to. It's this type of information that
> would be
> > lost forever without sharing it and making it available to other
> > researchers.
Doctorate Degrees Online
Boost your career with an online doctoral degree. Enroll today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=eBF4wXjXljijM_2AUDEswQAAJ1DMtnYmRW_NQY7ktqDZ7tj4AAQAAAAFAAAAAI8upz4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAyOQAAAAA=

This thread: