NEKNOX-L Archives

Archiver > NEKNOX > 2008-02 > 1202261008

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [NEKNOX] Herman Westerman adopted ggrandmother abt 1880
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 01:23:28 -0000

Author: kchiappetta1099
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.nebraska.counties.knox/22.1.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi, Jo! I wouldn't file this quest away totally. There has been a consistant move over the years to open adoption records and (I think it might be done on a state by state basis) and the laws could possibly change. I wonder why they would keep a record as old as that sealed. At this point, who's privacy is going to be violated?!? Maybe it's an all or nothing issue.

My grandmother was born in Niorbara, Nebraska in 1879 where Herman and Mary lived. He was a very success merchant and friends with my great-grandfather Edwin Fry, who published the Niobrara Pioneer (newspaper). I've been looking through the old newspapers on micofilm. Did Herman move from Nebraska to another state? My direct email is

Kathy

Important Note: