NEIKIRK-L Archives

Archiver > NEIKIRK > 2007-03 > 1174894233

From: "Nikirk" <>
Subject: Re: [NEIKIRK] Origin of the Neikirk name
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:30:33 -0700

Linda

This is what I have in my files:

Whorton Neikirk b. 29 Aug 1866 Lincoln Co., Missouri, d. 15 Jul 1944 Lincoln
Co., Missouri, buried Cornerstone Cemetery along with his wife Viola, who he
married 5 Oct 1887 in Missouri. He is in the 1900, 1920, 1930 census for
Waverly, Lincoln Co., MO, and in the 1870 census for Hurricane, Lincoln Co.,
MO. In 1870 he is recorded with his parents George J. and Nancy and a sister
Luvina.

George J Neikirk b. 18 Jan 1833 Missouri, d. 5 Feb 1890 Lincoln Co., MO,
buried in the Cornerstone Cemetery with his wife Nancy b. 1 Mar 1852
Indiana, d. Lincoln Co., MO. George J. can be found in the 1860 & 1870
census for Waverly, Lincoln Co., Missouri. In the 1860 census he lived next
to his brother Waldren Neikirk who was born in Kentucky on 12 Oct 1828 d. 28
Dec 1908 Lincoln Co., Missouri buried Cornerstone Cemetery

George J. Neikirk's parents I beleive are George Neikirk b. Abt 1800 in
Virginia d. Missouri & Sarah Smithers.

George J. was the son of John Neikirk b. Abt 1771, d. Aug 1814 in Wythe Co.,
Virginia & Mary b Abt. 1778 Pennsylvannia, d. Aft. 1840 Pulaski Co.,
Kentucky, buried Old Carson Cemetery, Pulaski Co, Kentucky. John was
murdered by Euol Selcock in Wythe Co., Virginia in Aug 1814, and after his
death Mary moved to Kentucky with her family

John Neikirk's parents were John Henry Neukirch b. 18 Oct 1732 Germany d. 20
Sep 1808 Maryland & Nancy Forman b. Abt. 1732 Berks Co., Pennsylvannia

Hope it helps and maybe someone else can add to this

Doug Nikirk