NEIKIRK-L Archives

Archiver > NEIKIRK > 2007-03 > 1174670140

From: "Ken Neikirk" <>
Subject: Re: [NEIKIRK] Origin of the Neikirk name
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:15:40 -0400

My dad was Gary Grant Neikirk, born in Missouri.

He gave me a map of the Antietam battlefield showing the home of Henry
Neikirk and gave a little history of the involvement of Henry and his house
in the battle. My father believed we were related to Henry, but I don't
know the exact connection or if it really is true.

Obviously, Antietam is in Washington County, so I assume this is the same
Henry Neikirk you are referring to. My wife actually has a sister who lives
less than 2 miles from the battlefield.

I was born in New Jersey, but grew up in Baltimore and lived there until I
was 30. I have lived in Florida for the past 10 years. I have aunts and
uncles from my dad's side in Alabama and Tennessee.

What is the German form of the name?

Ken