NEIKIRK-L ArchivesArchiver > NEIKIRK > 2003-09 > 1063501233
From: L B Hansen <>
Subject: Re: [NEIKIRK] Other Newkirk/Neikirk Lines - John Heinrich of NY 1710
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:00:43 -0700 (PDT)
Lori - I think that the information I posted yesterday showed the lst and 2nd Johns on the ration list in NY in 1710 - one as Johannes and one as John. That is why I wondered if they called him Hans. It was just a guess - as a mom - I don't know how I would ever keep the two of them straight. Thank you for this information. I will bet that a lot of our early NY Newkirks came from this family. Linda
Bruce James <> wrote:Johann Heinrich b. 1674 Germany - d. Ulster Co. NY sp: Anna Maria Almenroder b. 1677 Germany
1. Johannes b. 19 Jun 1701 Obberhofen, Baden-Wurtger - d. 7 Feb 1777 Ulster Co., NY sp: Geertje Klaarwater - They had 8 children
2. Johann b. 1702 Germany - d. 1710 (I believe he never left Germany)
3. Maria Catharina NEWKIRK (The first time that I can see the name change in this family) b. 11 Dec 1713 West Camp, Ulster Co., NY
4. Benigna Anna Newkirk b. 28 Dec 1715 West Camp, Ulster Co. -sp: Alexander Patterson They had 9 children
5. Anna Ursula b. abt. 1718 sp: Robert Huey They had 5 children.
Does this match what you have? I haven't seen anything that called Johannes "Hans". From what I know of German, Johann would have been more likely called "Hans". However, that is purely speculation.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
|Re: [NEIKIRK] Other Newkirk/Neikirk Lines - John Heinrich of NY 1710 by L B Hansen <>|