NEIKIRK-L Archives

Archiver > NEIKIRK > 2003-09 > 1062644571

From: "Diana Quinones" <>
Subject: Re: [NEIKIRK] Neikirk Families
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 22:02:51 -0500

I have this, so far, in my tree for family of Johannes and Anna Catharine Wiest, She was dau of Jacob WIEST and Judith Konig/Koenig:

1 Jacob Wiest aka: Wust b: March 25, 1712 in Dierbach, Zweibruckon, Germany d: May 12, 1786 in Oley, Berks Co., PA
. +Juditha Konig b: 1715 in Steinweiler, Zweibruckon, Germany m: January 20, 1726/27 d: in Oley, Berks Co., PA
This marriage date must be off as she would only be age 11? I will have to recheck for that one! It might be 1736 instead of 26!
Will of Jacob WIEST, 4/20/1786 shows dau Catherine married to John NEUKIRCH:

In the name of God Amen, I, Jacob WIEST, Sr., of the township of Oley in the county of Berks and the state of Pennsylvania, being weak in body but of sound and perfect mind and memory, blessed be almighty God for the same, do make and publish this, my last will and testament in manner and form following (that is to say):
First: It is my will that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid out of my estate by my executors therein after named
Secondly:
I give and bequeath to my eldest son John WIEST, or to such other of my children as shall be my heir at law at the time of my decease, the sum of five shillings lawful money of the State of Pennsylvania in lieu of his or their birth right and to bar such heir from taking and possessing more of my estate than is herein given him.
Thirdly: I give and bequeath unto my son,
John WEIST, the further sum of five pounds in gold or silver money, to be paid to him within one year after my decease (if demanded) and no more, he having had his portion already.

Fourthly: I give and bequeath unto my daughter Catharine Neikerch (wife of John Niekerch) the sum of five pounds in gold or silver money, to be paid to her by my son Jacob WEIST, within two years after my decease, and no more, for having received her full portion already.

Fifthly:
I give and devise to my said son Jacob WEIST all my tract of land situate in the said township of Oley adjoining land of Casper Nine, Martin Shinkle, and more, containing thirty-one acres and a half (more or less)
And I also give and bequeath to my said son Jacob Wiest, all the rest, residual, and remainder of my whole estate, both real and person, and of what kind or nature forever, and whosoforever the same may lye or be to hold to him, his heirs and assigns forever.
And lastly, I do hereby ordain, constitute and appoint my said son Jacob WIEST, sole executor of this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all former wills by me made,
IN WITNESS hereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal, the twentieth day of April anno domino one thousand seven hundred and eighty-six.
Signed: Jacob WIEST, his X mark, (seal)

Signed, sealed published and declared by the aforenamed Jacob WIEST, Sr., published and declared by the aforenamed Jacob WIEST, Sen. to be his last will and testament in the presence of us, who have at his request, hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses in the presence of the testator.
Jacob WEAVER
Daniel SCHNEIDER
George BAB

Register's Office, at Reading in Berks County August 9, 1786 personally appeared Jacob Weaver Esq., and Daniel Schneider, two of the subscribing witnesses to the above written will and Jacob Weaver upon his oath and Daniel Schneider on his affirmation did severally depose and say that they together with George BAB was present and saw and heard Jacob WIEST, the testator herein named, sign, by making his mark, seal, pronounce, publish and declare the above writing to be his last will and testament, and that at the time of the doing he was of sound mind, memory and understanding as they verily believe and further that they did see George Bab subscribe his name thereto as a witness, and that the names Jacob Weaver and Daniel Schneider by them respectively subscribed the presents of each other at the request and in the presence of the said Testator.
signed,
Henry Christ, Register

Descendants of Anna Catharine Wiest

1 Anna Catharine Wiest b: December 1742
. +Johannes Neukirch b: February 27, 1742/43 m: Abt. 1761 d: December 26, 1813 in Exeter, Berks Co PA
........ 2 Mary Catharine Neukirch b: Bef. 1764 d: September 03, 1842 Burial: Muddy Creek, Lancaster Co PA
............ +Henry Redcay aka: Retge Radcay, Redke b: August 13, 1775 Baptism: October 29, 1775 Trinity Lutheran Church, sponsors: no record d: May 22, 1848 Burial: Muddy Creek, Lancaster Co PA
........ 2 Susanna Neukirch b: Abt. 1768 d: October 03, 1823 in Exeter, Berks Co. PA
............ +Isaac Levan d: Bef. November 12, 1821 in Exeter, Berks Co PA
................... 3 Anna Catharina Levan b: July 29, 1788 Baptism: October 05, 1788 sponsors: Johannes Neukirch and wife Anna Catharina; Schwartzwald Reformed Church records
....................... +John Deiter b: November 22, 1789
................... 3 Jacob Levan b: May 14, 1790 Baptism: July 11, 1790 sponsors: Philiip Jacob Roos and wife Elisabeth; Schwartzwald ReformedChurch
................... 3 Isaac Levan b: October 06, 1791 in Berks Co Pa d: February 23, 1823 in Exeter, Berks Co. PA
................... 3 Maria Levan aka: Polly b: March 26, 1794 Baptism: August 24, 1794 sponsors: Abraham Levan and Maria Catharina Neukirch
....................... +Lewis Seider aka: Ludwig m: August 20, 1814 in Berks Co PA
................... 3 Anna Elizabeth Levan b: May 01, 1795 Baptism: August 14, 1795 sponsors: Michael Busch and Anna Elisabetha
................... 3 Johannes Levan b: August 27, 1796 in Berks Co PA Baptism: March 08, 1797 sponsors: Johannes Neukirch and Anna Barbara Levan; Schwartzwald Church Records of Baptism d: 1839
....................... +Rebecca Witz
................... 3 Anna Maria Levan b: April 04, 1797 Baptism: December 27, 1797 sponsors: Anna Maria Fix; Schwartzwald Reformed Church
................... 3 Eleonoro Levan aka: Nellie b: October 07, 1798 Baptism: April 24, 1799 Schwartzwald Reformed; sponsors: Johannes Spohn and wife Anna Maria
....................... +William Yohn
................... 3 Esther Levan b: February 07, 1799 Baptism: February 21, 1802 sponsors: Magdalena Straub; Schwartzwald Reformed Church
........ 2 John Neukirch b: January 10, 1777 d: November 12, 1822 in Exeter, Berks Co.,PA Burial: Schwartzwald Reformed
............ +Mary Kerst b: 1782 m: May 27, 1800 in Schwartzwald Church d: 1849
................... 3 Helena Neukirch b: September 07, 1801 Baptism: February 03, 1802
................... 3 Elisabeth Neukirch b: October 12, 1803 in Berks Co., PA Baptism: January 19, 1804 Schwartzwald Baptisms d: December 03, 1870 in Exeter, Berks Co., PA
....................... +William Guthard aka: Goodhart b: January 08, 1799 in Berks Co., PA d: August 29, 1868 in Berks Co., PA
................... 3 Thomas Neukirch b: December 14, 1806 Baptism: September 24, 1807 Schwartzwald Church
........ 2 Sarah Neukirch b: September 29, 1782 Baptism: October 24, 1782 Schwartzwald Reformed Church; sponsor: Maria Gertraut Neukirch d: February 24, 1813
............ +Jacob Moyer aka: Meyer b: 1780 m: October 03, 1802 in Schwartzwald Church
................... 3 John Moyer b: December 05, 1802 d: April 23, 1854 in Amity, Berks Co., PA Burial: Newstoreville Church Yard
....................... +Anna Mary Brunner b: 1808
................... 3 Anna Catharine Moyer b: May 27, 1805
................... 3 Mary Moyer b: January 30, 1808
........ 2 Mary Neukirch b: December 04, 1785 d: October 29, 1821 in Exeter Twp; Berks Co., PA Burial: St John's Gibaltar in Robeson Twp area, Sec A row 7. Name on stone Anna Maria Neikerch.

Son John NEUKIRCH Jr married into my KERST line! Mary KERST was a sister of my gr3grandfather, Jacob KERST, both are of George KERST and Elisabeth GELBACH.

I also have info on half-brother Henry NEUKIRCH/NEWKIRK, of your line that went to MD: This is the Maria/Mary you are looking for:
He married a widow, Maria Sabina FREYMEYER. She had 6 children with Michael FREYMEYER, Robeson Twp., Berks Co., who died bef 4/1777, date unknown of her remarriage to Henry. But she administered his estate with him, so must have married him bet 1777-1779:
Upon the petition of Henry Neykerg and Maria, his wife, (late Maria Freymeyer) Administratrix of the Estate of Michael Freymeyer, late of the county of Berks, yeoman, deceased. Setting forth that the said Michael Freymeyer lately died intestate leaving a widow, to wit, the said Maria and children nine of which are under the age of 14 (to wit: Elisabeth, Maria, Jacob, Susannah, Salome, John and Margaret) therefore praying to the court to appoint some proper person as guardians to take care of the person and estates of said minors according to law, so being read the court appoints John Bechtel and Conrad Beidler guardians to take care of the persons of the within named minors. There was also a son Daniel FREYMEYER who petitioned the court for a guardian in 1779 saying he was over 14. Also, a dau Catherine over 14 and asked for a guardian. Henry Gicker was chosen as guardian. for these two over age 14. These were filed in 1779, so Maria Sabina had remarried Henry at le!
ast by that date.

There isn't much in Berks co for these children and I wondered if they went to MD with Henry and his wife?
I do not know if they also had children born in PA or MD.

1767 tax list showed
Michael FRYMYER in Cumru, no land, 1 cow.
Peter NARGANG, single in Oley
Conrad BEITLER, Robeson, saw mill and 200 acres
John BECHTEL, Oley, 150 acres
John BECHTEL, Hereford, 150 acres

Here is one of her FREYMEYER children baptised:
Child: Maria Catharina Freymeurer
Birth/Baptism Date: 17 Jul 1765
Location: Trinity Lutheran Church, Reading
County: Berks
State: Pennsylvania
Father: Michael Freymeurer
Mother: Mrs. Maria Sabina Freymeurer
Sponsor: Catharina Margretha Nargung/Nargang

I wonder if Nargang was her maiden name? Sponsor Catharine Margretha Nargang may be a grandmother?

I did find 2 later marriages in Schwartzwald Reformed Marriages for 1) Daniel FREYMAURER, of Bern, to Maria Magdalena FREIBERGER, of Bern on 10/22/1793. And 2) a Daniel FREYMEYER of Alsace to Judith LEINBACH, Alsace on 10/27/1808. Don't know if this is the same Daniel. The early LEINBACHs were Moravian and mentioned in detail in the Oley Moravian Church along with the early NEUKIRCH. See USGENWEB archives for PA - moravian.txt.

Hope this helps!
I still need help with finding a family for Anna Maria NEUKIRCH born 3/8/1770!

Diana in AL
searching for family Anna Maria NEUKIRCH m George MOHR 10/27/1789.