NEFF-L Archives

Archiver > NEFF > 2007-06 > 1181340186

From: "Doris A. Smith" <>
Subject: [NEFF] Abner Gilbert Marsh Neff
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:03:06 -0500

Hello,
I've just joined this list (or re-joined; I think I was a member some years ago) and am trying to find out all I can about my Neff line. My great great grandfather was Abner Gilbert Marsh Neff, who was killed during the Civil War at Pea Ridge in Arkansas. I've not been able to locate where he was buried (he was a 1st LT in Company F, 9th Iowa Infantry). I'll continue searching for this bit of information.

I've just recently discovered that he used the name "Marsh Neff."

I think he is in the F line, his father being Emanuel (or John) Neff and his mother being Eliza Carnahan; his grandfather being Christian Neff and his grandmother Mariah/Mary Long; his ggrandparents being Johann Christian Neff and Veronica Howery. I need to find proof of this lineage.

Any suggestions and references you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Doris A. Smith

This thread: