NDCASS-L Archives

Archiver > NDCASS > 2008-07 > 1216394468

From: "Shelley Cardiel" <>
Subject: [NDCASS] CUSHNEY Family Photograph
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:21:08 -0700

I've "rescued" an old photograph of Bert Edward CUSHNEY which was taken at
the J. T. Dahl Studio in Kindred, North Dakota. The photograph appears to
have been taken in the early 1900's with Bert noted as just 6 months old at
the time it was taken. Based on limited research I was able to locate the
following information regarding Bert and his family:

Bert E. CUSHNEY b. 10 Dc 1904, d. 12 Oct 2001 in Bellingham, WA

Census information provides the following information:

1910 census of W. Sunnyside, WA:

William B. CUSHNEY, age 32, married 6 years, born NY, parents born USA/NY, a
Farmer
Ada S. CUSHNEY, wife, age 28, married 6 years, 2 children/2 living, born ND,
parents born WI/MI
Bert E. CUSHNEY, son, age 5, born ND
Floyd W. CUSHNEY, son, age 2, born WA
Arthur ARNTS, uncle, age 54, born NY, parents born NY, a Farmer

1920 census of Sunnyside, WA:

W. B. CUSHNEY, age 42, born NY, parents born NY, a Farmer
Ada CUSHNEY, wife, age 38, born ND, parents born WI
Bert CUSHNEY, son, age 15, born ND
Floyd CUSHNEY, son, age 11, born WA
Helen CUSHNEY, dau, age 4, born WA
Louise CUSHNEY, dau, age 19 months, born WA

I am hoping to locate someone from Bert's family so that this wonderful old
photograph can be returned to its rightful place with his family. If you
are a member of this family, or you know someone who might be, please
contact me.

Thanks,
Shelley

This thread: