NCSCOTS-L Archives

Archiver > NCSCOTS > 2005-04 > 1112834428

From: "VanHoose, Marilyn J" <>
Subject: RE: [NCScots] Tartan Day
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:40:28 -0700

April 6th.

-----Original Message-----
From: linda squires [mailto:]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:28 PM

When is Tartan Day?

-------Original Message-------

From: Nancy
Date: 04/06/05 14:28:59
Subject: [NCScots] Tartan Day

For those with a bit of Scottish blood.....some
links in honor of Tartan Day. Nancy

Tartan Day in America:
http://www.tartanday.gov.uk/
Tartan Day Around the World:
http://www.rampantscotland.com/features/tartanday.htm
The Declaration of Arbroath:
http://www.constitution.org/scot/arbroath.htm
Scots Wha Hae, with a link to hear the song:
http://www.electricscotland.com/history/scotland/scots.htm
Tartans Museum:
http://www.scottishtartans.org/museum.html

The Tartan
There are hundreds of tartans so lovely to see,
And many famous have graced the bare knee;
And the set that I wear is both ancient & braw,
It's the pride o' my heart and the dearest of aw'.
~Sydney Bell~

Nancy, visit the family:
www.geocities.com/twincousin2334
www.thepastwhispers.com

To unsubscribe from the NCSCOTS list, send the command "unsubscribe" to
(if in mail mode) or
(if in digest mode.)

New! Family Tree Maker 2005. Build your tree and search for your
ancestors
at the same time. Share your tree with family and friends. Learn more:
http://landing.ancestry.com/familytreemaker/2005/tour
aspx?sourceid=14599&targetid=5429