NCSCOTS-L Archives

Archiver > NCSCOTS > 2005-04 > 1112488259

From: "Jack & Iryna" <>
Subject: NC McDONALDs to GA
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:30:59 -0600

Hello Listmembers,
Does anyone know of any McDONALDs that were in NC from 1760 to 1785? We are
trying to find the family for my James McDONALD, b. some time between 1760
to 1770. Don't know who his wife was however I believe all their children
were born
in GA. The first being born abt. 1805 in GA. The names of the children I
know of were Green, Jemima, Middleton, possibly Martha, & several younger
children (names unknown to date).

JAMES McDONALD lived in Bibb Co., GA and died there some time before August
27th 1835. Three known children were Greene McDONALD, Jemima McDONALD, b.
abt. 1812, and Middleton McDONALD, b. abt. 1814. In the 1830 Fed. Census for
Bibb Co, GA. James is on page # 74:

James McDonald, 1 male 10-15, 1 male 15-20, 2 males 20-30, 1 male 60-70,
1 female 50-60.

If you have any information, PLEASE, get in touch with us. Thank you very
much for your time & any help you can lend with more info about these
McDONALDs.

Jack Scarborough
121 Clydesdale Lane
Victoria,TX. 77904