NCSAMPSO-L Archives

Archiver > NCSAMPSO > 2006-04 > 1144248921

From: "Lura" <>
Subject: Re: [NCSAMPSO] Duplin/Sampson County Carrolls
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:55:21 -0400

Jeanie,

Sorry that my letters to you or to the list were not more clear.

All those grants I listed were for Duplin Co, but the ones on Six Runs Creek were in the section of Duplin that became Sampson in
1784.

I had sort of hoped that earlier one for William "on the Great Branch of the Cape Fear" would be in that same Six Runs area, so it
could be the land John (apparenty inherited) sold to his brother Jesse in 1767. There is a court record of this sale, but the
relationship is only known by an article in the Sampson County Heritage Book, which of course is dependent on family information.

However your map, as well as letters from others, clearly showed one Great Branch in the Duplin side, and thus far I have found no
branch in Sampson by that name.

Thanks again,
Lura