NCRANDOL-L Archives

Archiver > NCRANDOL > 2008-12 > 1229282701

From: ,
Subject: [NCRANDOL] Possible Julian headstone - help identifying
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:25:01 -0000

Author: jclacoss
Surnames: Trogdon, Covington, Hendricks, Black, Yow
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.northcarolina.counties.randolph/3649/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

While visiting the Billy Trogdon Cemetery here in Randolph County, NC, where William Trogdon (death 1805) is buried, along with Samuel Trogdon and Abigail Julian Trogdon and others, I made a discovery. The sun was shining just perfectly I suppose - I noticed writing on a headstone I had never seen before. I was shocked - I have been in this cemetery a guzillion times and have never seen this. Here is exactly what I see on this headstone C J Oct 1 and on the line below - 1814. I have posted a photo at the URL below. I would greatly appreciate any help in identifying who this headstone may belong to. Thank you in advance. Please feel free to contact me .

http://www.geocities.com/glentrog/page6.htm

Jean

Important Note: