NCPERQUI-L Archives

Archiver > NCPERQUI > 2002-10 > 1034189191

Subject: [NCPERQUIMANS] Cemetery Project
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:46:31 EDT

Hello
Well we are finally on the road with out cemetery project. Two subscribers
have sent me their list of graves in Cedarwood Cemetery. Thank you so much
Michael Baker and Luella Long for the information that you contributed. You
have been so very generous! I hope this will be an inspiration to all who
might be interested in this project to begin sending in your ancestors names
and dates to add to our list. I will begin posting this on the Perquimans
mail list so that everyone can view it. Hopefully, soon we will have it on
the Perquimans Web Page.
I will be hoping to hear from lots of you.......
Alice Griffin

Here is the first list for Cedarwood Cemetery
Cedarwoods Cemetery, Hertford, Perquimans County, NC
I am posting the following list compiled by Luella Long........Compliments
to her

Last Name First Name Middle Name Maiden Name Birth Date Death Date
Barrow Francis
4/2/1828 2/21/1899
Barrow Amelia Jordan
7/12/1839 6/10/07
Barrow Charlie
3/27/1863 2/5/1880
Baynes David Ayers
11/10/1876 10/3/41
Baynes Julia White
6/15/1873 1/4/33
Hunter James Augustus 4/8/46
9/9/99
Jessup Mary Eva Stokes
10/1/1863 10/2/1891
Jessup Thomas Langley
11/26/1898 4/3/64
Jessup Anne E
2/10/07 10/30/00
Jessup Joseph P
11/6/1863 4/23/43
Jessup Annie Stokes
2/3/1871 4/7/44
Jessup Julian Clyde
6/10/1896 7/20/50
Jessup Mattie McMullan
10/28/1898 4/16/31
Jordan George Ann
10/5/1884 2/23/66
Jordan Bessie Everett 10/9/1893
4/29/70
Jordan Mathew O
1818 1862
Jordan Julia Jackson 1820
1885
Old George Martin
1916 1986
Overton James W
12/31/1892 6/26/69
Overton Hilda E Everett
2/2/00 6/6/80
Small Amelya F Barrow 1868
12/1/43
Small Patrick H
1837 1919
Speight Uriah W
1895 1912
Speight Sallie Anne Berry 1844
1925
Stokes Sue Pat
1/31/10 3/27/11 ........Daughter of Jr. and Josephine A. Stokes
Stokes James R 5/4/01
8/3/22 .......Son of J. R. and Josephine A. Stokes
Stokes Henry Clay 11/23/03
10/13/79
.......Son of J. R. Stokes
Stokes Henry Clay, Sr 11/12/1876
5/22/59
Stokes Ruth Clarke 12/27/1891
7/20/50
Stokes Julia Ann Felton
8/30/03 4/24/93
...... Daughter of W. A Felton
Stokes James Roger
8/31/1875 9/25/60
Stokes Josephine P
2/1835 4/10/1897
Stokes Exum
8/19/1807 12/27/1881
Stokes Elizabeth Brown
3-28-1830 9/6/1866
.......Wife of Exum Stokes
Stokes Wm F
2/17/1835 4/10/1897
Stokes Almira Ann Jordan
3/4/1843 8/18/22
Sullivan Emma Jessup 10/2/1891
4/3/19 ....... Wife of Henry C. Sullivan
Sullivan Henry Clay 11/1/13
8/5/85
Towe James H
1/18/1848 1/17/08
Towe Margaret Darden
8/14/1862 11/10/33
Umphlet William Franklin
10/12/1875 11/19/23
Umphlet illegible but 3 children's gravestones
Walters Thos Bryant
9/26/1860 8/26/26
Walters Margaret Anne Stokes
11/20/1863 7/28/55 .........Wife of Thos. Bryant Walters
Walters Bryant Stokes 1/8/04
1/3/31
Walters Thos. Jenkins 5/22/1891
10/28/24