NCPERQUI-L Archives

Archiver > NCPERQUI > 2002-10 > 1034126586

From: "Tracy Jones" <>
Subject: Re: [NCPERQUIMANS] Cemetery Project
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:23:20 -0500

John SIVAGE (often [mis]spelled SEVAGE, SIVEDGE, SAVAGE) md. Anna MORSE or WEEKS (it's listed two different ways by
two different children) and had the following children "near Elizabeth City, NC":
Isaiah R. SIVAGE b. 1826, Lucretia SIVAGE b. 1830, Armstead SIVAGE b. ca. 1831, John SIVAGE b. ca. 1834. John SIVAGE
(the father) was said to have served in the War of 1812 (don't know which side) and died on Christmas Day, 1836. His
wife then remarried to a man named HIATT and moved first to Guilford County, then to Hendricks County, IN.
My grandmother was born Mary Josephine SIVAGE. She just celebrated her 91st birthday on Oct. 4th, and is still
sharp as a tack (drives herself to the church, grocery, etc., still). This John SIVAGE, her great-grandfather, has been
a brick wall for her for decades, and I'd love to be able to give her some information on him.

Thanks!
Tracy Chapman Jones, Genealogy & Links
http://scican.net/~ptjones/genealogy.html

This thread: