NCLINCOL-L Archives

Archiver > NCLINCOL > 2010-08 > 1281046073

From: "Joyce Gaston Reece" <>
Subject: Re: [NCLINCOL] Genealogy Societies
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:07:53 -0400

I am a professional researcher. I don't use Ancestry as a panacea for
genealogical research BUT I could certainly NOT do my job without it. The
actual census images alone are well worth the sub cost IMHO. But I also
support local societies and archives so the statement made isn't based in
fact. A good genealogical researcher uses each and every tool they have
available. I have researched for almost 40 years and contributed very much
to the genealogical community.

No one said Mr. MacKie had not paid his own dues...anyone with a love of the
history of our country and those families who formed it will have that love
and respect. So don't be putting words in where they aren't due.

Each of you who dislike Ancestry should remember that this and all 37-40,000
mail lists we are using right now is being paid for and sponsored by
Rootsweb/Ancestry. We certainly shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Out of respect for the list manager and these off topic conversations these
will be my last words on the subject.

Joyce Gaston Reece
Friends of the Archives Historical & Preservation Society, Monroe Co., TN.,
Secretary
American Local History Network, Board of Directors, Vice President

This thread: