NCLINCOL-L Archives

Archiver > NCLINCOL > 2004-12 > 1103312577

From: "Mary Harbinson" <>
Subject: Re: [NCLINCOLN] Indian capture>>>> Melungeons
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:42:57 -0800

My husband is carrying this DYS19b Y Cromozone I have no idea now who his
gggrandfather really was but he was born in Lincoln County in 1823 to mother
Margaret Ikerd and now since he does not match who the father was suspose to
be, Lord knows, but this gene is carried by the Melungeons and also High
Priestly Jews. So Someone was in that area in 1823. And out of 900 families
tested for DNA, he is the only one they have ever found. So what are our
possibilites here also?
Mary