NCAVERY-L Archives

Archiver > NCAVERY > 2004-07 > 1089319099

Subject: Avery County, NC Register of Deeds Look-Ups, Please Help!!!
Date: 8 Jul 2004 14:38:19 -0600

Surnames: Bowman, Braswell, Clark, Rader, Shell
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/0UB.2ACI/640

Message Board Post:

I was wondering if someone from Avery County, NC could go to the Avery County, NC Register of Deeds Office and do a few look-ups for me. I would really appreciate this huge favor. I will re-inburse anyone the amount for doing this. I can pay by check, money order or by cash, either way will be just fine with me.

I am looking for a few death certificates. Here is the list. I need the regular copies that doesn't cost that much.

(1.) Margaret Elizabeth Bowman Braswell, died in 1921 or 1922 in Avery County, NC. I'm not sure her exact death date but she died in 1921 or 1922. Margaret was a daughter of Anthony Bowman and Elizabeth Baker. She is buried at the Clark Family Cemetery #1 in Caldwell County, NC.

(2.) Jonas Lefever Bowman, died January 28, 1928 in Avery County, NC. Jonas was a son of Jacob Bowman and Elizabeth Rader. Jonas is buried at the Kawana (Harper's Creek) Cemetery in Avery County, NC.

(3.) Elmyra "Myra" Selina Braswell Bowman, died April 3, 1940 in Avery County, NC. Elmyra was a daughter of Rufus Wesley Braswell and Margaret Elizabeth Bowman. Elmyra is buried at the Kawana (Harper's Creek) Cemetery in Avery County, NC.

(4.) Joseph Anthony Bowman or Anthony Joseph Bowman, died January 24, 1923 in Avery County, NC. Joseph was a son of Jacob Bowman and Elizabeth Rader. Joseph is buried at the Kawana (Harper's Creek) Cemetery.

(5.) William Elgie Clark, died August 13, 1966 in Avery County, NC. William was a son of William Henry Harvey Clark and Martha L. Coffey.

(6.) Margaret Syrildia Elizabeth Bowman Clark, died March 16, 1927 in Avery County, North Carolina. Margaret was a daughter of Jonas Lefever Bowman and Elmyra "Myra" Selina Braswell. Margaret is buried at the William Elgie Clark Family Cemetery in Avery County, NC.

(7.) Susan Virginia Braswell Bowman, died September 5, 1945 in Avery County, NC. Susan was a daughter of Rufus Wesley Braswell and Margaret Elizabeth Bowman. Susan is buried at the Clark Family Cemetery #1 in Caldwell County, NC.

(8.) Thomas Filson Clark, died July 9, 1945 in Avery County, NC. Thomas was a son of Dolphus Linwood "Dolph" Clark and Myra Elizabeth Braswell. Thomas is buried at the Clark Family Cemetery #1 in Caldwell County, NC.

(9.) Dora Clark Thompson, died January 6, 1922 in Avery County, NC. Dora was a daughter of Dolphus Linwood "Dolph" Clark and Myra Elizabeth Braswell.

(10.) Sareldah Manarka "Ellie" Clark Hughes, died July 31, 1921 in Avery County, NC.

I would appreciate any more help with these 10 death certificates. Please e-mail me at my e-mail address below. Thanks.

Mr. Michael Jay Pennell
Caldwell County, NC

This thread: