MSWILKIN-L Archives

Archiver > MSWILKIN > 2007-11 > 1195994996

From: "Virgina Ewing" <>
Subject: [MSWILKIN] Ellen Sophronia Perry
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 06:49:56 -0600

anyone know the parents of Ellen Sefornia Perry? She married Thomas Duncan Ashley 'Dutch' 10 Nov 1893. She died before 1903 when he md. Lenora Perry 29 March 1903.
I was told that she was an Ogden but she is Ellen Sefornia PERRY on the marriage license.
Thomas's obit said he was first married to Fronie Ogden who bore him 4 children, three of the children preceded him in death.
I found a Sophronia, female, age 6 in the 1880 census. She was in the household of Carolina [Sturdivant] Perry who was the widow of Martin Perry.

In the 1900 census, Sophronia gave her birth date as July 1894, which would make her the correct age. She would have been 13 at the time of her marriage.

Anyone have any idea why she went by the name of Fione Ogden?

Virginia

This thread: