MORTIMER-L Archives

Archiver > MORTIMER > 2005-04 > 1114212862

From: "ELIZABETH EVERS" <>
Subject: Yorkshire Mortimers
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:39:18 -0500

I have been searching for information on my branch of the Mortimers for years. Finally traced them to Borobridge Yorkshire and another dead end.

I am hoping that there may be some one on this site who can help me get kick started again. I am looking for any information on:

Robert Mortimer who married Mary (nee. Fulton {at least that's what it looks like}) they had at least one child Henry Wilson Mortimer born 9th October 1848 in Borobridge.

From Henry's birth certificate Robert's occupation is listed as painter.

Henry married Mary James on the 17th Dec 1870 in the District of Knaresborough, they had at last 7 children including John Mortimer.

John Mortimer married Eliza Hitchcock on the 11th Dec 1898 in Rotherhithe London, they had at least 3 children including my grandfather Edward George.

Short of going to the UK any suggestions on where to proceed with my Yorkshire search gratefully accepted.

Thank you, Elizabeth

This thread: