MORRIS-L Archives

Archiver > MORRIS > 2005-09 > 1126980011

From: "jimcheryl ho" <>
Subject: Re: [MORRIS] Morris' of Mongehelia county WV
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:00:11 -0400

Do you have any info on a Morris family line or lines that may have come
from Wales to southwestern Pennsylvania? The family that I am researching
was in Pennsylvania prior to 1850 and then went to Missouri then on to
Oregon and then to Washington between 1850 and 1885. I cannot find any
family ties in Pennsylvania even though census records say they were born
there.
Some of the names in this family are Jesse, John and I believe James. My
grandfather said his family came from Wales and this is all I have to go on.
Were there any state boundary changes in the southwestern Pennsylvania area
that you know of? Fayette county is the area that I am most interested in.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Cheryl