MOPOLK-L Archives

Archiver > MOPOLK > 2004-04 > 1083332973

From: "Alice Kugler" <>
Subject: Re: [MOPOLK] Polk County Land Records Advice Needed
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:49:33 -0500

I may be off base with this suggestion, but since you have the land
description, I would start with that and work backwards. The Recorder of
Deeds office should be able to quickly give you the name/s of the current
owner/s. With the name of the current owner/s, go to the deed books to look
for that name/when the property changed hands and work your way back to your
ancestors. I am guessing that would be the quickest method other than
paying a title company to do a search. Hope this helps. There is much
information to be gleaned from deeds. I recently was able to 'prove' to my
satisfaction the name of my ggg grandfather, Thomas Sproul, and the names of
four of his children (including my gg grandmother Margaret Sproul Armstrong)
from Hawkins Co, TN deeds.
Best wishes, Alice Kinslow Kugler

This thread: