MONMOUTHSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > MONMOUTHSHIRE > 2009-11 > 1258592921

From: "Janet English" <>
Subject: Re: [MON] HARRIS
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:08:41 -0500

Hi,

Interesting stuff. The name HARRIS jumped out at me also as I'm always
looking for a possible link. My 3rd great grandmother was Sarah Harris born
October 13, 1795 in East Harptree, Somerset, England. Sarah married Samuel
Fear of Chew Magna, Somerset. I haven't found much else on Sarah other than
her parent's names, John Harris and Mary ?. On the other hand, I've taken
the Fear's back to the 1500's with the help of the Fear One Name Society.

My Welsh/English ancestors immigrated in 1887 and settled in Pittsburgh,
Allegheny County, PA where I still reside! They worked in the coal mines
and then the steel mills here.

Good luck with your research.

Janet