MOMILLER-L Archives

Archiver > MOMILLER > 2006-04 > 1143990372

From: "ncoon" <>
Subject: Re: [MOMILLER-L] Obit: McDowell, Mrs. George McDowell
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 08:06:12 -0700

this is another example of you making assumptions when you should research
your question....you probably already have Susan Shelton's death date as
1922 and still want to put this Mrs. George as her.....see enclosure....
It All Started Here: The George Wilford McDowell Family

First Generation

1. George Wilford MCDOWELL was born on 11 Sep 1861 in Cole Camp,
Camden County, Missouri. He died on 24 Jan 1937 in Hawkeye, Tavern Township,
Pulaski County, Missouri. He was buried on 26 Jan 1937 in Hawkeye Cemetery,
Tavern Township, Pulaski County, Missouri.

George married Susan Florence "Babe" SHELTON daughter of Shepherd SHELTON
and Sarah Ann WASHBURN on 8 Jan 1885 in Miller County, Missouri. Susan was
born on 6 Apr 1860 in Miller County, Missouri. She died on 29 Jul 1922 in
Hawkeye, Tavern Township, Pulaski County, Missouri. She was buried on 31 Jul
1922 in Hawkeye Cemetery, Tavern Township, Pulaski County, Missouri.

They had the following children:

2 M i. Lee MCDOWELL .

+ 3 F ii. Nora MCDOWELL was born on 28 Mar
1886. She died on 3 May 1982.

+ 4 M iii. Wiley MCDOWELL was born on 23 Jun
1887. He died on 4 May 1965.

+ 5 M iv. Edgar William MCDOWELL was born on 7
Dec 1889. He died in Mar 1922.

6 F v. Iona Elvira MCDOWELL was born on
18 Aug 1890 in Pulaski County, Missouri.

+ 7 F vi. Dora B. MCDOWELL was born on 18 Aug
1890. She died on 22 Oct 1965.

+ 8 F vii. Lora MCDOWELL was born on 12 Apr 1892.
She died in Dec 1985.

+ 9 M viii. John Lawrence "Johnny" MCDOWELL was
born on 20 Jul 1894. He died on 4 Jan 1978.

+ 10 F ix. Edith MCDOWELL was born on 13 Jan 1896.
She died on 10 Feb 1977.

11 F x. Edna MCDOWELL was born on 6 Apr
1898 in Missouri.

12 F xi. Alva MCDOWELL was born on 28 Feb
1900 in Missouri. She died in Sep 1981 in St. Louis, Missouri.

Second Generation

3. Nora MCDOWELL (George Wilford) was born on 28 Mar 1886 in
Brumley, Missouri. She died on 3 May 1982 in Brumley, Miller County,
Missouri. She was buried on 5 May 1982 in Mt. Union Cemetery, Glaize
Township, Miller County, Missouri.

Nora married Robert HARRISON about 1907 in Camden County, Missouri. Robert
was born on 16 May 1884 in Brumley, Missouri. He died on 27 Aug 1968 in
Brumley, Missouri. He was buried on 29 Aug 1968 in Mt. Union Cemetery,
Glaize Township, Miller County, Missouri.

Robert and Nora had the following children:

13 M i. Ermest HARRISON was born in 1908 in
Jackson Township, Camden County, Missouri.

4. Wiley MCDOWELL (George Wilford) was born on 23 Jun 1887 in
Pulaski County, Missouri. He died on 4 May 1965 in Miller County, Missouri.
He was buried on 6 May 1965 in Mt. Union Cemetery, Glaize Township, Miller
County, Missouri.

Wiley married Cora G. GUMM daughter of Jess GUMM and Lovina Silsby on 15
Dec 1926 in Miller County, Missouri. Cora was born on 3 Aug 1906 in Miller
County, Missouri. She died on 17 Apr 1987 in Tuscumbia, Miller County,
Missouri. She was buried on 19 Apr 1987 in Mt. Union Cemetery, Glaize
Township, Miller County, Missouri.

They had the following children:

14 M i. Edgar MCDOWELL .

+ 15 M ii. Curtis MCDOWELL was born on 15 Oct
1927. He died in Dec 1975.

+ 16 M iii. Karl MCDOWELL was born in 1930.

+ 17 M iv. George Stanley MCDOWELL was born on 18
Feb 1930. He died on 25 Feb 1990.

+ 18 F v. Stella Belle MCDOWELL was born on 29
Jul 1932. She died on 6 Dec 2000.

19 F vi. Daisy Ruth MCDOWELL was born on 28
Jul 1934 in Miller County, Missouri. She died on 3 Nov 1997 in Miller
County, Missouri.

20 F vii. Lynn M. MCDOWELL was born on 19 Sep
1936 in Miller County, Missouri. She died on 15 Aug 2000 in Kansas City,
Jackson County, Missouri.

5. Edgar William MCDOWELL (George Wilford) was born on 7 Dec 1889
in Pulaski County, Missouri. He died in Mar 1922.

Edgar married Minnie JOHNSTON on 14 Oct 1916 in Camden County, Missouri.
Minnie was born in 1900 in Pulaski County, Missouri.

They had the following children:

21 F i. Alleen (Eileen) MCDOWELL was born
in 1918 in Pulaski County, Missouri. She died on 21 Feb 2001.

Alleen married (1) Winford CAMDEN .

Alleen married (2) Leonard . Leonard died on 24 Dec 1951 in Car crash.

+ 22 M ii. Lee (Curley) MCDOWELL was born on 21
Feb 1920. He died on 10 Nov 1993.

7. Dora B. MCDOWELL (George Wilford) was born on 18 Aug 1890 in
Pulaski County, Missouri. She died on 22 Oct 1965 in Pulaski County,
Missouri. She was buried on 24 Oct 1965 in Hawkeye Cemetery, Hawkeye, Tavern
Township, Pulaski County, Missouri.

Dora married (1) Calvin THOMAS in 1906.

They had the following children:

23 M i. Curtis THOMAS was born on 2 Mar
1907 in Pulaski County, Missouri. He died on 12 Sep 1965 in Pulaski County,
Missouri. He was buried on 14 Sep

1965 in Hawkeye Cemetery, Hawkeye, Tavern Township, Pulaski County,
Missouri.

Dora married (2) William P. WISEMAN on 15 Mar 1909 in Camden County,
Missouri.

8. Lora MCDOWELL (George Wilford) was born on 12 Apr 1892 in
Camden County, Missouri. She died in Dec 1985 in Brumley, Missouri.

Lora married Earl A. PLEMMONS on 8 Oct 1913 in Miller County, Missouri.
Earl was born in 1892 in Camden County, Missouri.

They had the following children:

24 F i. Ruth PLEMMONS .

Ruth married (1) John PORTER .

Ruth married (2) Orville CAPPS .

25 F ii. Bonnie PLEMMONS .

Bonnie married CLAY .

+ 26 M iii. Clay R. PLEMMONS .

27 M iv. Eugene PLEMMONS was born on 25 Mar
1914 in Jackson Township, Camden County, Missouri. He died on 3 Nov 1989 in
Crocker, Missouri.

Eugene married Doxie JEFFRIES on 7 Mar 1934 in Miller County, Missouri.
Doxie died on 3 Nov 1989 in Crocker, Missouri.

28 M v. George J. PLEMMONS was born on 11
Aug 1915 in Jackson Township, Camden County, Missouri. He died on 16 May
1928 in Miller County, Missouri.

9. John Lawrence "Johnny" MCDOWELL (George Wilford) was born on 20
Jul 1894 in Missouri. He died on 4 Jan 1978 in Hawkeye, Tavern Township,
Pulaski County, Missouri. He was buried on 6 Jan 1978 in Hawkeye Cemetery,
Hawkeye, Tavern Township, Pulaski County, Missouri.

John married Ruby Ruth ROWDEN daughter of Isaac Elmer ROWDEN and Arizona
Zena WORKMAN on 1 Sep 1914 in Miller County, Missouri. Ruby was born on 28
May 1897 in Bentrand, Scott County, Missouri. She died on 29 Nov 1977 in
Hawkeye, Tavern Township, Pulaski County, Missouri. She was buried on 1 Dec
1977 in Hawkeye Cemetery, Hawkeye, Tavern Township, Pulaski County,
Missouri.

They had the following children:

+ 29 M i. Virgil P MCDOWELL was born on 5 Jun
1916.

+ 30 F ii. Opal Arizona MCDOWELL was born on 27
Sep 1917. She died on 8 May 1993.

+ 31 F iii. Eula Mae MCDOWELL was born on 6 Feb
1922.

+ 32 M iv. Archie Eugene MCDOWELL was born on 28
Jun 1929. He died on 10 May 1996.

+ 33 M v. Donald C. MCDOWELL was born on 19 Dec
1933. He died on 5 Mar 2003.

+ 34 M vi. James Dale MCDOWELL was born on 31 May
1936.

+ 35 F vii. Dorothy C. MCDOWELL was born on 5 Sep
1939.

+ 36 M viii. Robert W. MCDOWELL was born on 14 Oct
1941.

10. Edith MCDOWELL (George Wilford) was born on 13 Jan 1896 in
Missouri. She died on 10 Feb 1977 in Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri.

Edith married Edward A. H. PLEMMONS on 28 Jun 1912 in Miller County,
Missouri. Edward was born on 17 Jul 1891. He died in Jan 1966 in Crocker,
Missouri.

They had the following children:

37 M i. Curtis PLEMMONS .

38 F ii. Elda PLEMMONS .

39 F iii. Lela PLEMMONS .

40 F iv. Dora PLEMMONS .

41 F v. Dosha PLEMMONS .

42 M vi. Alford PLEMMONS .

43 F vii. Chandis PLEMMONS was born on 19 Feb
1915 in Missouri. She died in Sep 1976 in Lebanon, Missouri.