MOJEFFER-L Archives

Archiver > MOJEFFER > 2005-03 > 1111114946

From: Linda Reichert <>
Subject: JEFFERSON COUNTY RECORD January 11, 1917 Part 8 volunteer transcription
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:02:26 -0600

HJCR1917A_05.jpg
HJCR1917A_06.jpg
HJCR1917A_07.jpg
HJCR1917A_08.jpg

Volunteer Transcription - part 8
Linda in MO
Jefferson County Record, Hillsboro, MO
January 11, 1917
Vol. XIII. No. 3

[page 3, column 4]

[AD]
Read My Prices On Dentistry
and then come to see me.
Lady Attendant
Examination Free. All Work Guaranteed
Gold Crown $4.00
Bridge Work per tooth $4.00
Porcelain or White Crown $4.00
Set of Teeth, either upper or lower plate $8.00 up
Enamel Filling $1.00
Gold Filling $1.50 up
Alloy Filling 50c
Dr. W. H. G. WHITE, Dentist
Old Post Office Building Phone Office 197, Residence 197
De Soto, Missouri

[AD]
Dodge Brothers Motor Car with Dodge Brothers Service means 365 days of
real pleasure and satisfaction in the year. If you don’t believe it,
just ask any owner of a Dodge.
Demonstration by Appointment.
The J. W. DUGAN Automobile Co., Herculaneum, Missouri

[AD]
State of Ohio, City of Toledo,
Lucas County, ss
Frank J. CHENEY makes oath that he is senior partner of the firm of F.
J. CHENEY & CO. doing business in the City of Toledo, County and state
aforesaid, and that said firm will pay the sum of ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS
for each and every case of Catarrah that cannot be cured by the use of
HALL’S CATARRH CURE. FRANK J. CHENEY. Sworn to before me and subscribed
in my presence, this 6th day of December, A. D. 1??6
A. W. GLEASON, Notary Public (seal)
Hall’s Catarrh Cure is taken internally and acts through the Blood on
the Mucous Sruvaces of the System. Send for testimonials, free.
F. J. CHENEY & CO., Toledo, O.
Sold by all Druggist
Hall’s Family Pills for constipation.

[AD]
Care for Cholera Moebus
“When our little boy now seven years old, was a baby he was cured of
cholera mobus by CHAMBERLAIN’S Colic, Cholera and Diarrhoea Remedy.”
writes Mrs. Sidney SIMMONS, Fai[r] Haven , N.Y. “since then other
members of my family have used their valuable medicine for colic and
bowel troubles with good satisfaction and I gladly endorse it as a
remedy of exceptional merit.” Obtainable every where.

[AD]
The Big Brick Store wants Your Butter and Eggs
We continue to offer a full line of Dry Goods, Shoes, Rubbers, Notions
Groceries, Paints, Hardware, Dishes, Fruits and Vegetables in season.
J. W. ECKLE, Hillsboro, Mo.

The Record is Now $1.50. Pay Up.

~ Antonia Items ~
We are having fine weather and many city people are coming to the
country to hunt.

The ball given in RUECHTINGS hall was well attended and everybody
reports a good time.

Quite a number of Antionia boys and girls attended the mask ball in
West Kimmswick and had a good time.

Miss Iva KOHLER pent Christmas week at home.

Mrs. J. S. KOEBE entertained quite a number of St. Louis guests. New
Year’s. Among them were Mrs. Adolf SEISE, Mrs. A. SCHROEDER, Dr. Walter
SCHROEDER, Dr. BRAMM and Dr. SCHMIDT the biggest surprise was when Dr.
SCHROEDER brought some German theatre players from St. Louis and they
had a real German theatre and enjoyed it to a late hour.

Andrew KOHLER departed last week for Great Bend, Kansas.

Mr. Edward HEMME will leave this week for Canada.

[page 3, column 5, cut off on right side, marked by ---]

During Circuit Court don’t f---
drop in and settle with the R---
Did your neighbor send funds b---
to settle his bill.

Executor’s Notice
Notice is hereby given that L---
Testamentary on the estate of
Mary HAEFNER, deceased
were granted to the undersign---
the 3rd day of January, 1917 [...]
Nick ROESCH, Exe ---

~ For Sale ~
Choice clover seed, apply at J. ---
dorf, Kimmsiwick, Route 3, Mo.

[page 4 column 1]

AD]
GERARD Milling Company
Proprietors of Kimmswick Roller Mills and Lumber Yards
We manufacture Gold Seal, White Seal, Red Seal Flour
We handle all kinds of Food, Hay, Grain and Seed, also all kinds of
Lumber and Building Material
GERARD Milling Company, Kimmswick, Missouri

[AD]
Adrian STEEL, Lawyer
Practices in All the Courts
Office in KNORPP’s Building
De Soto, Missouri

[AD]
Fred J. MEYER, House Mover
Houses moved and raised in all parts of the county
Call or Write Fred J. MEYER
Jefferson Barracks, Mo., Route No. 10

Administrator’s Notice
Notice is hereby give that Letters of Administration oin[sic] the
Estate of
Levi SCOTT, deceased, [...]
The is 12th day of December, 1916
W. R. DONNELL, Jr., Administrator

Exectutor’s Notice
Notice is hereby gIven that Letters Testamentary on the Estate of
Wulf SCHUETT, deceased [...]
were granted to the undersigned on the 20th day of December, 1916 [...]
Christina SCHUETT, Executor

Exectutor’s Notice
Notice is hereby gIven that Letters Testamentary on the estate of
Joseph ZIPP, deceased [...]
were granted to the undersigned on the 13th day of December, 1916 [...]
Helena ZIPP, Executor

Exectutor’s Notice
Notice is hereby gIven that Letters Testamentary on the estate of
Albert Edward Ferdinand PAGEL, dec. [...]
were granted to the undersigned on the 2nd day of December, 1916 [...]
Clara Olvina PAGEL, Executrix

AD]
TRY US
Our Capital of Fifty Thousand Dollars, and our reserve ability of Fifty
Thousand Dollars on over ninety stock holders is a Guarantee to our
depositors of the safety of their funds.
The Jefferson Trust Company, Hillsboro, Mo.

[page 4, column 2]

~ Partition Sale ~
By virtue and authority of a decree of partition and order of sale made
and entered by Circuit Court of Jefferson County, Missouri, at the
September term, 1916, thereof, and on Tuesday, September 12, 1916, in
that certain partition suit wherein Clara HICKELHEIM, William KOEHLER
and Jospheine WASHFORD are plaintiffs and Theodore KOEHLER and Anne
OTKE are defendants a duly certified copy of which said decree of
partition and order of sale dated October 5, 1916, was to me, the
undersigned, sheriff directed and delivered, and by virtue whereof I,
the undersigned sheriff of Jefferson County, Missouri, will on Saturday
the 13th of January, A.D., 1917, sell at the front door of the Court
House, in the town of Hillsboro, Jefferson County, Missouri, at public
vendue to the highest bidder the following described real estate
situate in Jefferson County, Missouri, to-wit: the Northwest quarter of
section thirty-six (36), township forty-three (43), Range four (4) East
containing one hundred and sixty acres upon the following terms to-wit:
Fifty (50) per cent of the purchase money cash and the balance of the
purchase price to be paid in one year and to bear interest at the rate
of six per cent per annum from date of sale or all cash at the option
of the purchaser.
Harry DAHL, Sheriff.

Administrator’s Notice
Notice is hereby give that Letters of Administration on the Estate of
Henry MAY, deceased, [...]
The is 2nd day of December, 1916
William MAY, Administrator

Just The thing for Diarrhoea
“About two years ???? had a severe attack of diarrhoa which lasted over
a week, writes W. C. JONES, Buford, N. D. “I became so weak that I
could not s???? upright. A druggist recommended Chamberlain’s Colic,
Cholera ??? Diarrhoea Remedy. The first does revived me and within two
days I was as well as ever.” Many druggist recommend this remedy
because they know that it is reliable. Obtainable everywhere.

AD]
L. A. CHAMBERLIN, Dentist
Soto

[AD]
Albert MILLER, Attorney at Law, Hilslboro [sic], Missouri

[AD]
Robert E. KLEINSCHMIDT, Lawyer, Hillsboro, Missouri
Office in Trust Building

This thread: