MOBARRY-L Archives

Archiver > MOBARRY > 2002-04 > 1018445171

From: heather e blair <>
Subject: Re: [MOBARRY-L] Neli Decker ca. 1898
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:26:19 -0500 (CDT)

Hi! Exeter is in Barry County, MO; Peirce City is in Lawrence Co., MO,
and I can't remember where Granby is -- I think it is Newton County.

My Beasley family is descended from John Otho Franklin Beasley and
his second wife, Debby Doyel. They came to Missouri with Debby's
parents, Isaac Doyel and Mary Elizabeth Morrison, from Edmonson
county, Kentucky in the 1880s, and settled around Exeter.

John Otho Franklin Beasley was a grocer, and had stores at Exeter and
Granby. He died in Peirce City in 1917. He had four children from
his first marriage to Sarah Ashby, and I believe they divorced, but
don't have that record. He and Debby had 12 children, and he also
had one child from an affair. Debby adopted that child.

I put the family tree on rootsweb at:

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~JOFBeasley/

I don't see a Joseph, but I believe there were other Beasley families in
the area. There was somebody Beasley who was a lawyer around 1890.

- Heather

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 wrote:

> What state are these towns in, MO? I have a Joseph Beasley and Malissa Bowman
> who moved to OK. from Blue Eye, MO. and the only child I can find at all is
> Jesse (a male or a female)? just very difficult the names that you used don't
> sound familiar.

This thread: