MOATCHIS-L Archives

Archiver > MOATCHIS > 2012-01 > 1327215247

From: "K R Edwards" <>
Subject: Re: [MOATCHIS] Sharing Atchison Co. -Stories
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 01:54:07 -0500

No one appreciates sneaky spam !!!

Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: William A Harrison
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 1:06 AM

Kathy,

You are certainly welcome. I don't have personal stories about Atchison
Co to share because my link is to several cousins who moved to there may
years ago from Clark Co, IN. By letting my genealogy program do a quick
search for me, I found 55 birth records in Atchison Co between 1854 and
1922.
Surnames include:
Beason, Bettinger, Cortner, Foley, Johnson, Kellison, Lane, Martin, Ray,
Rhoades/Rhodes, Shaw, Stoner, and Wilson.

The earliest birth was Nancy Adeline Rhodes, the dau of Adam Rhoades and
Lucinda Stoner b. 28 Oct 1854 in Rockport. (surname spelled differently
in various records)

Adam Rhoades family was in Andrew Co, MO in the 1850 Census.
Lucinda Stoner is my 3g aunt.
They both died in 1890 and are buried in the Hunter Cem in Atchison Co,
MO.

Five more of Lucinda's siblings were in Andrew Co, MO as early as 1848,
with one, Daniel Stoner Jr (1829-1900), being labeled as being the
"Daniel Boone of Irish Grove", a pioneer to the Mill Creek region. He,
and other family members are buried in the English Grove Cem, Fairfax,
Atchison Co, MO.

So, no personal experiences, but many ties!

Bill Harrison