MILAM-UK-L Archives

Archiver > MILAM-UK > 2006-12 > 1167418758

From: <>
Subject: Re: [MILAM-UK] update on Milam Family research in UK
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:59:18 -0000

Hi Oliver

Thanks for blowing the dust off.

I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas and I hope also that 2007 brings you
all you wish.

I am following your request in reverse order, not out of cussedness, but due
to lack of time at present. I will follow your links in due course, altho' I
am not sure that the DNA site will have any relevance for me, since I am 4
generations below my female MILAM ancestor. DNA well diluted by now, but
will have a look.

I am descended from, and still researching, the lines which descend from
George MILAM, who married Sarah WILKINSON on 25 Dec 1783 at Crondall,
Hampshire, England. Some of their descendants stayed in Crondal, at least
for a while, but others migrated to New Shoreham, Sussex, England, some of
whom had by then become involved in the building of canals. My line migrated
following marriage to Portsmouth, Hampshire, England, which is where my
father was born.

I would be pleased to make contact with any other descendants of George M
and Sarah W.

Compliments of the season to all Listers.

John Taylor
in wet and windy Somerset, England