MIKALAMA-L Archives

Archiver > MIKALAMA > 2005-04 > 1114578399

Subject: Re: Wanzo - Kelly family
Date: 26 Apr 2005 23:06:39 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/4300/CGB.2ACI/9940.7.1

Message Board Post:

Good Evening,

It is good to be back for this little while. I havae not been on the net for a good while. However, messages sent to me at c/o will be given to me.

Frank Kelly would have been related to me. I do not have my records with me at this time but he descends down from John M. Wanzo though his second wife. I will gladly share what I do have with you as you would also be related to me. However, it may take just a little while as I am still in rehab from open heart surgy. (Don't want to think about it) However, the log cabin in the 4-H section of the La Grange Co., Ind. fair grounds was built by David. You might like to go and vixit it. as told that they also moved some grave stones along with it but have not bneen able to return to that area to take a look see. If you are able to do so, would you please share with me the information found?

Now, if you are interested in doing research, you might like to see what you are able to find on Henry Wanzo in the Stafford Co., N. Y. 1830 census. He just might be the father of John M. Wanzo. Since I am going from memory I may be wrong but believe that there is a William Wanzo listed living close to Henry.

There is a very good possability, note maybe, this line of the Wanzos were Dutch. If so, the nameing of the first born male was usually named after the faternal grandfather during that time frame. John M. Wanzo named his first son James Henry but he went by Henry part of the time in the census records of Elkheart Co., Ind. We do not know when or where John M. died or where he was buried. But probably in either La Grange or Noble Co., Ind.

Would certainly appreciate hearing from some of you.

Willie, Thank you so much for your prayers. Should be back on my feet for good in about a month. It appears that my work here is not finished yet.

Beth

This thread: