MIKALAMA-L Archives

Archiver > MIKALAMA > 2001-06 > 0993580497

From: "K . B. Cook" <>
Subject: FYI
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:34:57 -0500

I just thought I would spread the word that the fees for getting a copy of a Social Security Application are going up drastically on 1 July 2001. If you apply before then you will be charged the old amount which is now $7 if you know the number, and $16.50 if you do not.

The new fees are posted at:
http://www.ssa.gov/foia/foia_guide.htm

It appears that the increases are more than substantial, they are gigantic.
This means that the time for procrastination is over.

The address you need to send them to is:
Social Security Administration
Office of Central Records Operation
Attention: Freedom of Information Workgroup
PO Box 17772
300 N. Greene Street
Baltimore, MD 21290

Kate Beaugrand Cook