MI-POLISH-L Archives

Archiver > MI-POLISH > 2007-05 > 1178062727

From: "MaryLynneFarrell" <>
Subject: Re: [MI-POLISH] Sheeney Man Picture
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 19:38:47 -0400

Oh the memories! The mention of the produce/vegetable man reminded me of a
wonderful memory.
My Great Aunt's family lived first on 24th and then on Tillman. When she was
five, in 1912, the produce man gave her a little slip of a rose bush because
as he said "you are always such a nice quiet girl when I come". Her Mother
planted it for her. When they moved out to Oakland county they took the rose
bush with them.
To this day I have a piece of that rose bush growing in my yard! It is
referred to as the "grandma rose" in remembrance of this Great Aunt's Mother
our Great Grandmother.