MEOXFORD-L Archives

Archiver > MEOXFORD > 2009-03 > 1236273442

From: ,
Subject: Re: [Oxford Co ME] Charles (Charlie) Frank Sedgebear
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:17:22 -0000

Author: dangevin1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.maine.counties.oxford/774.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hello,

I have located your Charles in the 1920 and 1930 US Censuses. In 1930 he is a boarding, hired man, on a farm in Peru, Maine, Peru also being the location of his death in 1961. From his draft registration and the 1920 census he apprears to be a cook in logging operations in the Rangeley/Cusuptic area of Franklin County. It also appears that he might have taken out first papers for naturalization around 1915, though in 1930 he is still an alien. If so, you might want to contact the county clerks in those two counties to see if you can obtain copies of his application. After mid-1906 they can contain considerable valuable information.

I can dig a little further as time permts, but if you would like me to send you images of the censuses you can contact me at: Don Angevine < >.

Important Note: