MCVAY-L Archives

Archiver > MCVAY > 2001-09 > 1001502321

Subject: [MCVAY] Re: Zaddock McVay
Date: 26 Sep 2001 05:05:21 -0600

Surnames: Terry,Depreast/Depriest Nethery,Goodwin,Gipson,Woodard,Welborn,Sterling,Stover,Alexander,Aldridge,
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/CK0.2ACEB/103.2.1

Message Board Post:

Hello,

This McVay line is my line also. Hugh McVay the 3rd was a Rev war Soldier , he entered into service in 1778, His son Zadock born 1787 in S.C. is my gggg grandfather, he was a Farmer , & Commossioned Justice of the Peace in Lawrenc eCo.Al, His brother Hugh IV born 1755 in S.C. was in 1819 elected to the State Senate. He was elected President of the Senate on 1836, In 1837 he was Governor of Alabama for 6 months, and chose to rreturn to his postion as presiding Officer rather than seek election as Governor.Also known as Alabama's Indian Governor.

Zadock married Winniford (Winnie) Smith, John Anderson McVay married Martha Ann Oden, Harriett K. McVay married Soloman P. Tanksley (Tankersley) is my line.

Here are the Zadock McVay's in my file, if any is wrong of missing info , please help my correct it.

Zadock McVay born 1787 S.C. ,arried Winnie Smith
Zadock McVay born ca 1846 in Lawrence Co,Al (son of Drury S. McVay & Nancy)
Zadock McVay born 1848 in LAwrence Co.Al (son of Hugh B. McVay & Elizabeth Morrow)
Zadock McVay (son of Zadock & Winnie )
Zadock (Doc) McVay born 22 Feb 1874 in Lawrence Co.Al married Annie Lee Morgan
Zadock Coleman McVay born Mar 7, 1900 died April 6, 1900

Hope this helps,
Charity Goodwin

surnames:
Terry,Depreast/Depriest Nethery,Goodwin,Gipson,Woodard,Welborn,Sterling,Stover,Alexander,Aldridge,
Garrett,Cooper,Smith,Rodgers, Randolph, Hammett, Toney, Martin,Oden,Welch,
Tanksley,McVay,England,Braswell,Austin,Hooper,Wilson,Wilcox,Cole,Wells,
Segars,,Elzey,Younger, Teague, Hash, Crabtree,Lofthin,Halstead,Mitchell,Hinsley,
Lang,Brackin/Bracken, Jeffreys, Dill,Smally,Cummings,Gibson,Eves,Davidson, Wadsworth,Taylor

This thread: