MCLAURIN-L Archives

Archiver > MCLAURIN > 2010-04 > 1270496201

From: ,
Subject: Re: [MCLAURIN] information on William Mc Laurin from Fayetteville NC
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 19:47:01 -0000

Author: bobmclaren1
Surnames: McLaurin, MacLaren, McLaren
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.mclaurin/106.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Cedric,

I checked the Clan files, but I have way too many William McLaurins to identify your grandfather. I do have two Irenes with the surname of McLaurin, but neither of them had a brother William.

The area around Fayetteville, North Carolina is loaded with McLaurins. I'm afraid I need more information to help you. Do you have your mother's birth record. What information is on it about William. For example, age or date of birth. Did William and your mother have any other children, or are you the only one?

Please give me any additional details on William -- how long he wss in France (from -- to --), what unit he was in, and his birth date (or age when your mother was born). I will seach the Clan files when I hear back from you, plus do some other searching in WWII records.

You can contact me directly at .

Yours aye,

Bob McLaren
Genealogist, Clan MacLaren Society (based in Scotland)
Chairman, Genealogy Committee, Clan MacLaren Society of North America
Administrator, Clan MacLaren Surname DNA Project (Worldwide)
Member, Association of Professional Genealogists
Member, Genealogy Speakers Guild

Important Note: