MCLAREN-L Archives

Archiver > MCLAREN > 2009-03 > 1238192018

From: <>
Subject: [MCLAREN] Robertson, Reid & McLaren Interests
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:13:38 -0000

My Great Grandmother was Jessie McLaren Robertson Milne.

b. 16 Jul 1880 Meiklour Perthshire Scotland.
d. 13 Jan 1955 Trial-Tadanao Hospital BC Canada.

Her parents were:
Andrew Coupar Milne b.15 Oct 1843 Glamis Angus.
d.16 Mar 1918 Newtyle Angus.
Catherine McLaren Robertson b. 11 Nov 1846 Little Dunkeld Perthshire.
d. 7 Nov 1902 Meiklour
Perthshire Scotland.
Married 24 Nov 1871 Craigvenien Cottage Little Dunkeld Perthshire.

Parents of Catherine McLaren Robertson were:

John Robertson b. 13/12/1807 Little Dunkeld Perthshire.
d. 20 Jul 1882 Craigvenian Dunkeld.

Catherine Reid b. Nov 1814 Little Dunkeld Perthshire.
c. 6 May 1815 Little Dunkeld Perthshire.
d. 28 Aug 1868 Craigvenian Little Dunkeld.

Parents of Catherine Reid were:

James Reid b. 8 Jun 1783 Little Dunkeld Perthshire.
Elspet Borrie Married 2 Dec 1808 Little Dunkeld Perthshire.

Parents of James Reid were:

James Reid & Janet Robertson.
Married 24 Jun 1765 Little Dunkeld Perthshire.

I would like to know where the Surnames Coupar & McLaren originated from.

As my Great Grand Mother has McLaren as a middle Name.
And my Great Great Grand Father has Coupar as a middle Name.

And where the Reid or Robertsons, Coupar & McLaren were linked to Logieraite
Perthshire.

Alistair Bell.

This thread: