MCKELVY-L Archives

Archiver > MCKELVY > 2007-09 > 1189787030

From: ,
Subject: Re: [MCKELVY] Henry McKELVY
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:23:50 -0000

Author: asouthall1
Surnames: McKelvy, McKelvey
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.mckelvy/56.3.4.19/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi, David,

I hope this email finds you current since I found your Ancestry.com message board post from 2000!

I have been researching several family lines & have had most unknowns & blanks left to fill on my McKelvy line. I think mine is in line with yours. My paternal grandmother, Essie Beatrice McKelvy b.1907 Lockhart, AL d.1989), daughter of John Rufus McKelvy (b.1877 AL d.abt Jan 1938--he was a coal miner), son of William C. McKelvy (b.1849 Tallapoosa Co., AL d. Bet 1900-1910), son of John McKelvy (b.Abt 1822 SC d.?). John married Elizabeth C. Adair.

The ancestral info prior to John Rufus McKelvy I obtained from Censuses online & eventually found some family tree info, but I would like to make contact with a family descendant who has verified this info & maybe has other substantial info, like family stories passed down by word-of-mouth, or county history bios, obituaries, & pictures as well. I have literally no pictures of the McKelvy family beyond one of my grandmother as a young woman & her mother as an old widow not long before she died. I think what my dad's family (he's 7th of 7 kids) had as far as pictures go mainly were destroyed when their house burned before he was born.

I have all my research at home, of course, so would like for you to respond to my home email (see below). I would like to learn more of the "Fighting McKELVEY'S.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,
Amy Southall

Important Note: