MAYFIELD-L Archives

Archiver > MAYFIELD > 2003-06 > 1055392027

From: "Luise Green" <>
Subject: Re: [MAYFIELD] Early History of Texas and Texans
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:27:29 -0500

Glenn;
thank you for touching on this Stanwix line. You are right there were no
descendents left. Gen Stanwix had a daughter, but she was lost at sea on a
trip back to England. I have looked for the name Stanwix/Steenwicks high and
low, and actually found one in NY, not remotely of interest to that Gen.
Stanwix/ Mayfield time frame. I think it might have been in Dutchess co.,
NY, because that is where the Carl - Beadle family comes from whose daughter
Nancy marries John Mayfield in TN, but alas - they are not our ancestors.
The John Mayfield that marries Nancy Carl in Williamson co.,TN on 11 Oct
1821 also dies in TN and his father is Sutherlin Mayfield.
I have to laugh when I think how many of us have spent hours on that line
trying to prove this Stanwix connection - another brick-wall.
Luise