MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2012-04 > 1335780608

From: Geoffrey Nobbs <>
Subject: [MAR] TOM TIT Ramsgate trawler 1940
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:10:08 +0100

Hi Mick & many more,

All vessels with Dunkirk service are clearly of historic significance as also those who risked their lives to save the BEF.

Google search engine under the above heading produces a rich haul, Dunkirk Association & other info, including a reference to Ronald Tomlinson engineer aboard the trawler TANKERTON TOWERS. Without authority but knowing of the emergency ( ? He’d been to Dunkirk the previous day ) on June 1st 1940 he took TOM TIT from end of the pier etc. Sorry personal matters make it impossible for me to follow this up properly at present time, but I do hope much more can be winkled out as to a fascinating event in our maritime history.

All the best

Geoff of Yarmouth - (for another few weeks !)