MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2012-04 > 1335454579

From: Piers Smith-Cresswell <>
Subject: Re: [MAR] Ship lost in the First World War off the Irish Coast
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 16:36:19 +0100

The Commonwealth War Graves site www.cwgc.org is usually pretty useful and may be worth a try - worth looking at other services too - it deals with memorials not just graves. I couldn't see anyone who was an obvious contender. But there can't have been too many RN vessels which foundered (ie sank not through enemy action). Does sound as if it might have been a trawler or some other auxiliary. Mick is probably the man with the answer...

[I'm writing this on my iPod. It has a tiny keypad so please make allowances if the message is a bit brief and there is the odd typo!]