MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2012-04 > 1334880224

From: "Mick" <>
Subject: Re: [MAR] SS Leda, Neptune Iron Works, Waterford
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 01:03:44 +0100

Special thanks to Alex Borgogno for his work on this one (Off List).

Steam Ship Leda O.N 65

Purchased in London for the Royal Navy of Sardinia in November 1855, renamed DORA.

She had various roles over 45 years with the Royal Italian Navy, early years as Troop Transport later as a Coast Guard Vessel. 1884-85 she was transformed in to a floating Hospital for cholera. From Aug to Nov 1885 employed as quarantine station by the Island of Asinara.
Removed from the Registers of the Royal Italian Navy in Oct 1889.

Mick

www.irishshipwrecks.com