MABERKSH-L Archives

Archiver > MABERKSH > 2001-11 > 1006732341

From: Debra Winchell <>
Subject: Taconic Mountain
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:52:21 -0500

I've recently come across a deed dated with several family members in it
which mentions a Taconic Mountain (spelled different ways). There is
not a Taconic Mountain on the map these days. I suspect it was
renamed. Does anyone know what mountain it might be? I include the
section from the deed.

on the Township that was lately Sold at Tahconock, to John Halenbeek
and others East on the Top of the first great ledge of the mountain west
of Sheffield and of the house of John Van Gilder called the Takcannock
mountain

Thanks very much.

Debbie Winchell

This thread: